Last updated: 18. January 2021
(“We“) at Matamata are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- What kind of personal data is processed
- What we use your data for
- Who we share your data with
- Your comments and media postings
- Sensitive information
- Your Marketing Preferences
- Embedded content from other websites
- How long we retain your data
- What rights you have over your data
- How we protect your data
- Changes to this policy
- How you may contact us
What kind of personal data is processed:
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website Matamata.io (“our site”). This includes information provided when you comment on our blog, fill up our contact form, subscribe to receive information from us or post material
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, and other communication data purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access
We process this usage data to facilitate your access to our services (e.g., to adjust our services to the device you are using), and to recognize and stop any misuse. We also process usage data in an anonymized form for statistical purposes and to improve our site.
What we use your data for:
You agree that we may use the information we have about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to the services described on our site
You agree that we may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services you have purchased through Matamata.io and we may contact you about these by e-mail.
Who we share your data with:
We, at Matamata are ourselves cautious about who we share our data with. As such, you can rest assure that we will not sell or rent your personal information to a third-party for marketing or other purposes without your consent.
However, for our services to run smoothly, we may share your personal information with the following parties:
- Law enforcement, regulators, and other parties for legal reasons – third parties who we are under a legal obligation to disclose your personal information to or who we need to disclose your personal information to protect our rights, property or safety or the rights, property, or safety of others, detect and investigate illegal activities and breaches of any agreement we have with you.
Your comments, opinions and media:
When you contact us directly, E.g., by email, phone, or by completing an online form we will record your comments and opinions. We will also record comments and opinions you express when responding to surveys, taking part in promotions we run or that you post on our blog or other message areas. We will use your comments and opinions to address your queries, issues, and concerns and to improve our products and services.
We may also use comments and opinions you express when posting on our blog or other message areas, responding to surveys, or taking part in other promotions, to determine products and services that may be of interest to you and to send you marketing communications. However, you have the option to opt out of this at any time.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We may collect personal information from you which is deemed ‘sensitive data’, which may include information about your religious beliefs, physical and mental health details, sexual life, or sexual orientation or racial or ethnic origin to comply with our government regulations or guidance or when you have explicitly consented to us collecting this type of information about you. Where you provide sensitive personal information to us on the service you hereby confirm that you are deliberately making this information public of your own volition and accept that we may request that you remove such data from the service.
Your marketing preferences:
From time to time we may contact you by email with information about our services or for follow up questions or feedback.
If you do not want us to contact you by email, you can change your email marketing preferences by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and letting us know that you do not want to receive marketing emails from us. You can also unsubscribe from our marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails we send to you.
Please note that this only applies to marketing emails regarding our products or services.
We collect information about how you use our website and service such as the pages you view on our website and service, the time you access our website and service and how long you use it for, the website from where you came to our website or go to after leaving our website (if applicable) and any selections and choices you make when using our website and service. We may also collect information about any items you have searched for, purchased, bookmarked, liked, or shared on the website and service.
We, and our third-party analytics providers, process this data for the following purposes:
- To provide analytics data on the use of our services or website, which we use for the legitimate interests of improving our services or website
- In the legitimate interests of determining the success of our marketing campaigns, if and when we should ever run any campaigns
- To send you marketing about products and services we think may be of interest to you
- In the legitimate interests of detecting or preventing any breach of our Terms and Conditions
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the content displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Embedded content from other websites:
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data for:
We still store your usage data until such time when you withdraw your consent for us to do so. All other data as specified above will be retained for as long as is necessary for your purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may also retain information as required by law.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time. Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data:
You have the right to be informed of Personal Data processed by Matamata, a right to rectification/correction, erasure, and restriction of processing. You also have the right to receive from Matamata a structured, common, and machine-readable format of Personal Data you provided to us. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by following the instructions to unsubscribe from the receipt of further materials in the marketing e-mails you receive or by contacting us at email@example.com.
We can only identify you via your email address and we can only adhere to your request and provide information if we have Personal Data about you through you having contacted us directly or using our website and/or service. We cannot provide, rectify, or delete any data that we store on behalf of our users or customers.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How we protect your data:
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
Changes to this policy:
How to contact us: